The basic activities, tasks and competence of the Directorate-General for Social Affairs and Child Protection
Fulfils the maintainer’s tasks according to the laws of Act III of 1993 on Social Administration and Social Benefits and the Act XXXI of 1997 on the Protection of Children and the Administration of Guardianship.
The 316/2012. (13. XI.) Government Ordinance of the Government about the Directorate-General for Social Affairs and Child Protection assigns for the central body of the Directorate-General the task of maintaining the following institutions: Reménysugár Habilitation Institute of the Ministry of Human Capacities; State Institute for the Blind of the Ministry of Human Capacities; ÉletFa Rehabilitation Institute of the Ministry of Human Capacities; Rehabilitation Centre of Physically Disabled Peopleof the Ministry of Human Capacities; Youth Detention Centre, Primary School, Vocational School and Special Vocational School of Aszód of the Ministry of Human Capacities; Youth Detention Centre of Debrecen of the Ministry of Human Capacities; Child Protection Service Centre and Children’s Home of Esztergom of the Ministry of Human Capacities; Children’s Home, Primary School and Vocational School of Kalocsa of the Ministry of Human Capacities; István Károlyi Children’s Centre, Youth Detention Centre and Special Children’s Home of Rákospalota of the Ministry of Human Capacities; Youth Detention Centre of Budapest of the Ministry of Human Capacities; Children’s Home of Zalaegerszeg of the Ministry of Human Capacities.
According the same ordinance the departmental agencies of the Directorate-General for Social Affairs and Child Protection fulfils the management tasks in the institutions taken over in January 2013.
Owner’s roles and responsibilities:
- Submits the documents under § 91. (3)-(4) of the Act III of 1993 on Social Administration and Social Benefits (hereinafter Social Act/SA) and § 122 (2) of the Act XXXI of 1997 on Child Protection (hereinafter Child Protection Act/CPA) for ministerial decision.
- Determines uniformly and publishes on its Website information under § 92/B. (1)-(3) concerning the social care institutes.
- Proposes the yearly budget of its budgetary authorities; defines the detailed procedures of their management.
- In the cases mentioned in § 90/A., 92/B. (3) and 92/L. of the Social Act/SA and in § 100/A-100/B. of the CPA –based on a proposal of the agencies – takes action to terminate the infringement of the law.
- Performs – based on a proposal of the agencies – the maintainer tasks according to § 122/A-122/C. of the SA.
- The regional agency of the Directorate-General performs the maintainer tasks specified in § 92/B. (1) and § 104. (1) c) - l).
- Establishes the institutional service fee.
- Acts on matters relating to operational authorisation.
- Proposes the annual budget of the maintained institutions; lays down the detailed rules of their management.
- Organizes, regulates and controls the financial conditions needed for the implementation of the technical tasks of the maintained institutions.
- Collects and verifies the mandatory, systematic and ad hoc data services related to the management of the maintained institutions; as appropriate, transmits them cumulatively to the central body of the Directorate-General and to the Ministry led by the Minister.
- In carrying out the tasks of the agencies the consent of the Director-General about determining the amount of the institutional fee is necessary.
- The Directorate-General in order to enforce the Act IV of 1991 law on the Promotion of Employment and Unemployment Benefits and CXXV 2003 on the Promotion of Equal Treatment and Equal Opportunities, performs training, organizational and methodological tasks of the social inclusion. In this context, for the development of equal opportunities, the promotion of children and youth equal opportunities and the convergence of disadvantaged adults it
- supports municipalities in local equality programs and in their planning, review and implementation, registers the equal opportunity programs at local and district level, and supports the capitol’s and counties’ government agencies in their tasks related to equal opportunity programs;
- operates the national ‘network of opportunities’;
- provides professional support for the beneficiary districts and municipalities in the preparation and management of - national and EU-funded – social development, modernization and other programs, projects, which had been announced for development;
- strongly supports the early childhood education of disadvantaged children, supports the convergence and social inclusion of disadvantaged children and young people of compulsory school age, and is also involved in the treatment of early school leavers and drop-outs;
- provides professional pedagogical services in the field of the organization of the education of disadvantaged and multiply disadvantaged students and in the field of their ability development and integration training;
- promotes the training of disadvantaged adults and the expansion of employment opportunities;
- performs the tasks of qualifications, competence development, livelihood support, improvement of access to services, mentoring for disadvantaged adults, in addition performs activities related to poverty and deep poverty.